Fidenz’s Software Quality Assurance Process
Reliability of a software product plays a crucial role in determining the success of a product and maximizing the return on investment. And achieving the highest possible reliability is a process that involves carefully balancing various factors, mainly time and cost. In this article, we will explore the QA process at Fidenz and how it is tailored to achieve optimal reliability while balancing the cost and time.
Software Product Reliability
What is our perspective on software product reliability?
In our perspective, software product reliability is the software system's ability to consistently function without failure over a specific period. It emphasizes stability, consistent performance, and minimal downtime.. Achieving software product reliability involves rigorous testing, quality assurance, and proactive issue resolution during development. Also involves carefully balancing various factors, mainly time and cost.
Cost and Time Dependency
The relationship between these two factors often involves trade-offs. For example, enhancing reliability may require additional resources and time to conduct comprehensive testing and quality assurance procedures. Similarly, reducing costs might lead to compromises in reliability or extended project timelines. Additionally, adhering to strict time constraints might result in increased costs or reduced reliability.
QA process at Fidenz is designed to achieve optimal reliability while balancing the cost and time.
Quality Assurance Process at Fidenz
We employ various testing methodologies and techniques at Fidenz. Let's take a closer look at three important types of test automation.
- Unit Testing
- Test automation with Cypress
- Stress Testing
We also recognize that every software system is unique, and as such, we prioritize the development of custom testing strategies tailored to the specific requirements of each project. This approach not only reduces costs, But also, ensures that essential testing aspects are covered for every project.
What is QA Automation?
QA automation, or Software quality assurance automation, refers to the process of using specialized software tools and frameworks to automate the execution of tests on software applications. This approach aims to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of software testing by reducing manual intervention and human error.
QA Automation Benefits
- Faster Testing: Automated tests can execute much faster than manual tests, enabling rapid validation of software changes and shorter development cycles.
- Cost Savings: While there is an initial investment in creating and maintaining automated test suites, it leads to long-term cost savings by reducing the need for manual testing resources and allows shipping changes and enhancements to production in minimum time
- Improved Test Coverage and Code Quality: Automation allows for comprehensive testing of various scenarios, ensuring that critical aspects of the software are thoroughly examined.
- Early Defect Detection: Automation detects defects as soon as new code is integrated, allowing for immediate feedback to developers, which helps in addressing issues promptly and reducing development costs.
We utilize CI/CD services such as Bitbucket Pipelines and GitHub Actions to streamline the automated test script execution. This approach guarantees that the code undergoes automated testing before advancing to the QA phase and deployment.
Upon each repository update, the system runs unit tests and test automation scripts. Timely test reports are sent via email to pertinent project stakeholders, facilitating prompt actions as required.
Would you like to learn more? Contact Us!
For more information and updates on QA automation process at Fidenz, stay tuned. Follow us for the latest updates!
📽️ Watch Video: Software Quality Assurance Process at Fidenz
📆 Talk to Us: Fidenz Technologies